Hampshire and IOW Children and Young Persons Crisis Line
New Service starting on 4th May 2020
Telephone support for children aged 11-17yrs
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3pm-8:30pm
Freephone: 0300 303 1590
COVID-19: Our surgery plans and how this will affect you
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of thecoronavirus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for urgent on day appointments must be made via the phone 02392 377514. For routine enquires please contact us via our website. Visitwww.westlandsmedicalcentre.nhs.uk and complete the ‘Click here to contact your healthcare team’ multicoloured banner.
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we respond by text, by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery.
- You will only be able to access to the surgery premises if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how you can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend one of the following surgeries:
- Westlands Medical Centre, 20b Westlands Grove, Portchester PO16 9AD. Tel: 02392 377514
- Portchester Health Centre, West Street, Portchester PO16 9TU. Tel:02392176101
- Fareham Centre Practice, Osborn Road, Fareham PO16 7ER. Tel: 01329 823456
- Gudgeheath Lane Surgery, 187 Gudgeheath Lane, Fareham PO16 6QA. Tel:01329 280887
You will be given instructions on where to park and how to access the premises
Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with, your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- We can no longer provide any paper prescriptions. For repeat prescriptions,please order 2 weeks before you run out of medication. You can order through Patient Access(if you are already registered) the NHS App (you can self-register) orwww.westlandsmedicalcentre.nhs.uk and complete the ‘Click here to contact your healthcare team’ multicoloured banner. You do not need to come to the surgery to register for the NHS App or our website. We are not currently able to complete new registrations for Patient Access.
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then please telephone the Practice on 02392 377514 to discuss further.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff to come to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or the surgery directly.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – we are extremely busy and it may take some time to get through on the phone.
- If you enquiry is not urgent and can wait until after this pandemic then please do not contact us at this time.
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home or need general advice ? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or www.westlandsmedicalcentre.nhs.uk and complete the ‘Click here to contact your healthcare team’.
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 online service to find out what to do next.
- If you feel you need to see a doctor urgently for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 02392 377514 and we will discuss your needs.
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
You can e mail the practice at FGCCG.WestlandsMC@nhs.net
- Please check our website for further updates.
We anticipate there may be some staff shortages due to isolation rules and sickness, but strive to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support
Update from Lloyds Pharmacy Westlands Grove
Due to the increase in medication requests It is currently taking 1 week from request of your prescription to us being able to dispense it to you
If you have requested routine medication then please allow 1 week for processing. We would ask you then to send a text to 07547171813 with your name, address and mobile number. As soon as you prescription is ready we will send you a text to come and collect – please do not come to the Pharmacy until you have been texted that your prescription is ready. Please park in the community centre car park and go the desk we have outside the entrance to Westlands Medical Centre. Please do not ring this mobile number it will not be answered
Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board - Self Isolation Poster
Please see a link below to an information poster from the Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board targeting the most vulnerable, whilst self-isolating. The poster provides a reminder about keeping safe if offered support, or if an individual needs to seek help.
The link to the poster from the website can be found here: